Here is a list of steps you can take to support HB 1742 to help this important bill pass. Make your voice heard.
Step 1 – Let us know if we can add you on our list of supporters.
Step 2 – Call or email the members of the House Committee on Criminal Jurisprudence. From our research, calls tend to get more attention.
Some reasons on why you might support this bill that you can mention to your representative:
- Helps Get Rehabilitated Formers Offender Back To Work
- Gives Judges Time to Make Better Decisions Regarding Judicial Clemency
- Increases Incentives For Rehabilitation
Here is a list of people to contact and express your support for HB 1742
- Chair – Joe Moody – (512) 463-0728 – Contact form
- Vice Chair – Todd Hunter (512) 463-0672 Contact form
- Rep. Terry Canales – BILL SPONSOR – NO NEED TO CONTACT
- Rep. Barbara Gervin Hawkins (512) 463-0708 – Contact form
- Rep. Cole Hefner (512) 463-0271- Contact form
- Rep. Mike Lang (512) 463-0656 – Contact form
- Rep. Terry Wilson – (512) 463-0309 – Contact form
Step 3 – Ask friends and families members to call or email members of the House Committee on Criminal Jurisprudence.
Step 4 – Subscribe to our email list below so that you can be kept up to date on important changes regarding HB 1742.